Monday, September 1, 2014

Counterfeit Kit Challenge-September Reveal!

I'm super excited to share with you that after Guest Designing last month for the Counterfeit Kit Challenge, I have joined as a permanent member of the Master Forgers!  I have loved this challenge since its start, and Bethany is the most wonderful (and convincing!) DT leader. 

We have an absolutely gorgeous inspiration kit, this month, too!  It is the Island Paradise Kit from Scrapbook Circle.



I also took inspiration from the kit's Tiki Torch and Bungalow add-ons:





Lots of gorgeous jewel tones, journaling cards, cork, "smile", "hello", "happy day", foxes, anchors, bokeh, veneer, labels, arrows, photo frames...the list of yummy scrapbook goodness goes on and on.  I think this is one of my favorite inspiration kits ever.  EVER.

I started with my patterned papers, and I ended up with pretty close matches to almost all of the originals:


I couldn't find any fox paper in my stash, so I substituted the birds.  For other papers, I might not have had the same colors, but I had similar patterns.  I added them, keeping with the jewel-toned theme.

Lots of cork stickers (which I will personalize with stamps), journaling cards and snippets, as well as some glitter phrase stickers, provide the base for my embellies this month.



I couldn't possibly create a kit without stamps! I know I will pull from my stamp collection to embellish the cork stickers, but I'm not sure how yet, LOL.  I'm including these stamps/sets in my kit, as well:

                                                           

There are several things that I'm anxious to counterfeit this month:

these Basic Grey Grand Bazaar chipboard alphas... 

these AMAZING wood sequins...


this fun, trendy paper...


and finally, these fun clips:


A busy month, no? :)

Time to hop along to the next stop!  Thanks so much for popping by!





9 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Super cute kit :) I look forward to see the counterfeits that you plan to create :)

Stephanie said...

I love what you've chosen to work with this month - especially that adorable fox stamp!!

LCSmithSAVED said...

SO looking forward to your tuts post this month. The wooden sequins (?) have me very curious! You have done this gorgeous kit total justice with your forgery. So happy you are the latest member of the DT! Your work is inspiring :~)

Jimjams said...

Fabulous combined counterfeiting => a great all in one kit - have fun!

Susanne said...

Sherri, it looks very good. You did a great job on replicating the papers. Good luck making up those items and using your kit. Scrap on.

Margie said...

Looks fabulous! I can't wait to see your counterfeits!

kate blue said...

Love love love this kit, adorable fox stamp and I can't wait to see your counterfeits later in the month!!

Julene Matthews said...

I'm lusting after your fox stamp.
The kit you have assembled looks wonderful. Have fun using it all.

sassyscrapper said...

I spy many of the same Maggie papers that I put in my kit. Great minds... ;) Great to include the fox stamp.